Saturday, 2 April 2011
Puto or steamed cake is one of my favourite food in the Philippines. Almost all of the bakeshops in the Philippines sell this bread. Haven't eaten the bread years ago makes me craved for more. And so last month I decided to make this. Following the recipe I got I was able to make with perfection (modesty aside) at least close to the real taste.
But nonetheless, I improved the measurements and was able to satisfy my palate. And so, I am sharing this recipe. You may want to try this and served to your family and friends. My family love it and do hope my friends too. Enjoy and happy cooking.
|Mixture in the molds|
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 cups flour, sifted
1 cup sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons of baking powder
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 piece raw egg
slices of cheese
water (for steaming)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
2. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Prepare the molds, pour the mixture in the molds
4. Put the cheese on top of the mixture or you may put the cheese after steaming (for quick-melt cheese)
5. Prepare the steamer, pour the water in the steamer.
6. Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 10-15 minutes
7. Remove the puto from the mold, let it cool and arrange in a serving plate
8. Serve with coffee or dinuguan :)
Published under Category recipe and cooking