This is one of our favorite Filipino dessert. A creamy and tasty dessert. The richness of coconut milk plus the sweetness of condensed milk is a perfect combination. For some they call this coconut pudding while for others they call it coconut cake but for most of us, we call it "Maja Blanca". If you are preparing for a Filipino dish, you want to try this and include in your menu. Happy cooking!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
4 cups coconut milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
14 ounces condensed milk
3/4 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
5 tbsp toasted grated coconut or can replace chopped peanut
1. Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted.
4. Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
5. Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
6. Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such spatula.
7. Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 30miuntes to one hour.
8. Garnish with toasted grated coconut or chopped peanuts.
**Tip: You may opt to replace the sugar with condensed milk.
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.
~ Jean Luc Picard ~